Saturday, November 19, 2011

Teachers do you get paid vacation time during the school year?

Please only answer this if you are a high school teacher in the US.


I am sure you get paid sick leave but paid vacation time? How about personal days?|||It depends on the school district for whom you work.





I get paid for the Christmas break, fall break, spring break and other holidays during the school year, even though I do not work on those days.





Contrary to popular belief, I do *NOT* get paid for the summer, unless I teach summer school. The checks I receive during the summer are for work performed during the 10 month contractually decided school year.





Most (but by no means all) school districts spread out the pay you earn over 10 months over all 12 months, so that you get the same paycheck all 12 months of the school year.





Personal days vary from district to district, also. At the district in which I currently teach, I get 3 personal days but they are not "paid" - in fact, when I use them, I actually have to pay for them. In other districts in which I have worked, my personal days were paid.





Sick leave is paid, and in all districts in which I have worked, it has been 10 days per school year.





If you are considering accepting a teaching position, be sure and ask to see the contract up front and examine it carefully. Ask to speak to a union representative if you have any questions about the contract and how its provisions will apply specifically to you.





Good luck.|||http://www.sausd.k12.ca.us/dep鈥?/a>





Go to this site and view what teachers make...working 184 days a year...this is how it works.

Report Abuse


|||ken's an arrogant fat a.s.s your answer was ok. he also talks about his undergarments and goes on about little boys i don't know if he was thinking salary on this query.

Report Abuse


|||yes|||yes and no...I get paid for the christmas break and easter break...but I do NOT get paid for the summer. I plan ahead by putting money away during the year. I get 2 personal days per year, those are paid. I also get 3 family days...these are for children that are sick or in my case, when I need to take my parents' to a doctor appt.


So in general, you get a yearly salary that is divided into 22 pays. If a holiday falls during any given week, then you are paid for it through your salary.


And keep in mind that as a teacher, if you want to go away on vacation, you have to go at the busiest times of the year when everyone else goes.|||In my school district we get 7 sick days and 3 personal days. Vacation days are simply the same days that the students get off and yes these are paid.|||NO paid vacation...probably only profession where you work for 30 years without a paid vacation...not paid for spring break or winter break either...sick leave is about one day a month for nine months and personal days means you can use a sick day without using the excuse of sick...personal days come from the same source-sick days. only one personal day a year.|||.no you get paid unemployment and you may qualify for welfare|||In California, teachers do not get any vacation time. If you are not working, you are not paid. Of course, the pay is pretty good for when you are working. But with the workloads (I have 32-35 kids per class in my English classes) I always have to take work home. We also receive 10 days sick leave a year, which can be rolled over. In a way it's a good system and in another way, it's not.





I have informed my students how I get paid (not the dollar amount) so that they understand why I don't have all their essays graded in a week's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment