Saturday, November 19, 2011

Should I get 401K and insurance or paid vacation?

I have been working for Happy Joe's, a family restaurant for three years. I have been an assistant manager for 1 of those years. I worked full time for about 6 months, and now that I am in college I only pull about 30.





Should I be eligible for 401k or insurance or paid vacation by now? And if I am, how should I go about getting these things?|||So you have worked there for 3 years and have no clue if you have 401K, or paid vacation?? My guess is that you have neither or they would have notified you at some time, either as a asst manager or when especially when you were a full time employee.





When you started working there 3 years ago, they should have given you some kind of booklet or brochure of your benefits. Since this is a small business, my guess is that they cant afford to offer benefits or that they have constant turnover of employees.





good luck|||It depends on the benefits package offered by the company. I would talk with your manager and/or read the employee handbook if there is one.





If they don't have a 401k, you can open up a Roth IRA and start saving for retirement on your own.|||Most likely not - most restaurants don't offer any kind of benefits to part time workers.|||That depends on the employment benefits offered by the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment