Saturday, November 19, 2011

Are Vacation Hours supposed to be paid?

I'm moving to another city that means I'm leaving my job around two weeks. I should had gotten my paid vacation now but they told to wait until Feb, but since I'm leaving I wont get it. My Question is simple, If I leave with my vacation hours completed are they supposed to pay my vacation as a regular check? I heard the its a law that they need to pay your vacation hours if your job didn't give it to you during you were with them?|||When I used to work in HR for Wal-Mart it was the law that they had to pay you for vacation time you earned.





Though it wasn't a law, Wal-Mart also used to pay you for vacation time you accrued (time you were building up over the year that wasn't available to you until your next anniversary.





Every place I've worked they pay you your vacation pay with your last check. I've never seen people be able to collect vacation pay for a week they also worked and got paid for otherwise... though I suppose that would depend on the employer.|||well the way it works is usually if they need you they will pay out ur vaycay hours in with ur regular hours...and if they could let you go then they just tell you u can go n give u the vaycay pay in that check.....iv had both happen|||you are to get paid for your vacation time. If you are leaving your job un two weeks go back to them and talk to them again and explain the sisutation and if this dont work go and talk to a attroney.|||Depends upon the state you live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment