Thursday, November 24, 2011

Should we get 10 non-paid vacation days at work?

Sometimes I just want a day off, and I don't care if I get paid or not. I think we should have the choice of taking these kinds of days. I know there are "sick days" but those are always looked down upon and sometimes, HR asks for doctors notes.|||Enlightened companies give their employees a lump set of time called PTO or Paid Time Off. This is to be used for all your needs, such as vacation, sick leave, etc. The benefit is you don't need to lie and say you are sick just because you just need a day off or have an emergency of some kind.





My employer gives me 160 hours (4 weeks) of PTO every year. In my mind, I generally think of this as 3 weeks of vacation and 1 week of sick days.

No comments:

Post a Comment