Saturday, November 19, 2011

Do you think North Americans should get more paid vacation time from their employers?

In Europeans countries the average vacation package is 4 weeks after 3 years of employment.


How much paid vacation time does your employer give you?|||America is the #1 economy in the world; it takes a lot people working a lot of hours to produce that.


It took me 18 years with my company to get 4 weeks of vacation time; it's nice to finally get it! It sure goes fast...





"Should" is a funny word; there are so many differences between European and American economies.|||no|||I work for myself so I don't get paid when I don't work.|||There isn't an American employee around that wouldn't like to get more paid vacation. The better question would be "What can be done to encourage employers to give more paid vacation time?"|||I was under the impression that most Europeans actually got more like six weeks per year. I get 18 days, but only after three years of service. I'm at a high-tech company based in California.|||I get 5 weeks paid vacations and time off, 10 paid holidays, 5 paid sick days and 5 paid personal days. Total of about 8 weeks off.





I got this benefit after my first year working for the company as an entry level.





I work for an american company - it is rate but they exist. I also demanded additional perks before I signed up. You have to be in a high demand line of work, impressive grades and impressive work history. Most people don't know that vacation time can be negotiated.





Tell everyone, it pays to be a nerd. I have never used my sick days and personal days.|||It depends on where you work. In academic environments you are usually out (paid) when school is out. that can be pretty sweet!|||Companies that give 15 days of vacation eachyear could easily make you have 1 whole month off after 1.5 years of working there.

No comments:

Post a Comment