Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can my company refuse my two weeks paid vacation or tell me I have to split up the days I take?

I have 2 weeks paid vacation as of Jan. 1st before i have only taken a couple days off at a time and they require me to work late and finish extra work for the days i'll be gone but i can't exactly finish 2 weeks of work early so what happens if I insist on this and they tell me no? Can they fire me for taking earned vacation?|||Companies call it two weeks vacation because that's the equivalent length of time, but few allow employees to take that much time except under special circumstances. It is at their discretion based on the workload whether they approve any time off. So effectively, the last part of your question, if you take two weeks without approval, it's not vacation, it's job abandonment, and they can fire you.|||Your company has to approve your vacation request. They do not have to let you go if it will disrupt business.





If they require you to work late to make up the work, they have to pay you any overtime for the extra time.|||Your company has to approve your vacation request. They do not have to let you go if it will disrupt business. Ittz your right since you work!!!!!!!





If they require you to work late to make up the work, they have to pay you any overtime for the extra time.Yeaa becuase then it wouldnt be fair for you.... Working for nothing


FIGHT FOR YOUR VACATION :)


!!!


HOPE I HELPED|||Most companies will work with you if you give them enough notice. I would put in for your vacation and get it approved prior to putting any money down on it. I would also get it in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment