Saturday, November 19, 2011

Paid vacation?

Recently I got a job. The company sent me a offer letter. When I read it through, I found out that I have no paid vacation in the first year. After completing 1st year, I get two weeks paid vacation. But,I want to have paid vacation in first year. But, after negotiating my salary and hirign bonus, I feel I am a bit greedy. What would you do in this case? Do you negotiate to get paid vacation?|||It's not uncommon to negotiate for vacation time upfront.





but it sounds like you were only concerned with the upfront money in your negotiation. Nothing wrong with that, but you should consider the whole package they're offering.





In short, if you've already accepted the offer, you're sunk. You just have to wait the year. Or, if the salary is big enough, take some time off unpaid.|||Since you are getting a hiring bonus they most likely budge on giving you vacation time. It's not uncommon to receive no vacation time during the first year. Some companies only grant 1 week vacation after one year, not two. Consider yourself lucky to get two.

No comments:

Post a Comment