Saturday, November 19, 2011

Just wondering what people think of an employer who wont give reasonable paid vacation?

i have been working at this company for 34 years my last increase in paid vacation time was 24 years ago. After 34 years, I get the same vacation hours that 10 year employees get. Just wondering what people think.|||I'm thinking the company knows that they have you until old-age retirement, and that they thus have no incentive to give you any more paid vacation.





Have you sat down at a formal meeting with your boss, and asked for more paid vacation?|||Not sure how your company policy is but most company's will set a maximum number of days that you accrue per year, and that is all you get. Have you hit the maximum amount of days allowed?





I don't think anything, my current company has a maximum of 20 days per year that each person can get, and that is it.|||Here in Australia, everyone gets 4 weeks after 1 year of working.


After 10 years, you get an extra 8 weeks, then at 15 years another 4 weeks extra and so on each 5 years after that.


I'd ask your boss, no harm it !


34 years, wow, I think you should be getting a gold medal too!

No comments:

Post a Comment