Thursday, November 24, 2011

Can I get my paid vacation time if I am quitting?

I am in California, I have 10 days paid vacation accumulated, but I plan to give my two weeks notice on Monday. Would I still get paid for those 10 days? Mayeb say my last working day will be in two weeks, but I would still be in payroll for 10 more days after that? can they deny my vac because I am quitting???|||You say that you have "accumulated" 10 paid vacation days. If that is so, then you will recieve compensation for those days when you quit.





Some companies don't allow you to "earn" vacation. They simply just state that after a year, you get two weeks; after 5 years you get 3 weeks, etc.





In those situations, since you aren't earning vacation by working a set number of hours per year, the company may not pay the vacation when you leave. When you leave an employer, the employer is legally obligated to pay you whatever you have "earned" while you were there.|||Absolutely you'll get paid. Getting vacation pay when you quit is really, really sweet.





They shouldn't give you a hard time about it. You might want to politely note, though, in your resignation letter that you do have 10 days accrued.|||No, you are still entitled to your vacation time, however, you still have to follow their procedures to recieve your paid time off. So if you need to put in a request or some other type of form, do it, ASAP so that you can be paid for those days.|||My suggestion would be to just use your 10 days of vacation time before you give the two week notice because there is the possiblity of being denied; so why risk losing your EARNED vacation time|||In my experience if I have had accumulated vacation time it is added to my final check. You wouldn't still be on the payroll for ten more days because vacation time is usually based on hours that you have already worked. I would talk to the payroll person just to make sure though.

No comments:

Post a Comment