Thursday, November 24, 2011

Question about company paid vacation time?

Can a company force you to take a weeks paid vacation if you have not yet accrued that week, thus becoming indebted to them for the time you have yet to accrue? I say it's against the law. I know it is, but can't find any language to back up my claim. Any suggestions? I can't find it on the U.S. Dept of Labor website.|||I think they can force you to take paid vacation, but if they didn't owe it to you, it is sort of dumb.|||Absolutely not. They can force you to take time accrued. But not time you do not have.


Contact your local labor department.


Look in the government pages of the phone book under State labor commission.|||yes they can all they have 2 do is shut down there it,s done companys do it all the time|||I would call your state's labor dept and find out for sure. I am not sure the legality of this practice, but my understanding is if you are classified as a full time employee - even in the Emperial Senate - you have to be paid for at least the minimum the company deems full time (if the minimum worked is 35, then they have to pay you for 35 hours - even if you don't have the vacation - if they are the ones responsible for your time off). So I would think that a company could not force you to take a vacation, for they would still legally have to pay you for the time off if you are full time. Or else you can go and collect unemployment for the difference from what you worked to what you are supposed to for full time hours.





I hope this helps you out. So go to the Emperor (carefully, of course) and let him know what you know.|||WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT. YOU REALLY THINK THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO FORCE YOU TO OWE THEM THE TIME ? THAT MAKE NO SENSE TO ME. I'M PRETTY SURE THOUGH NOT POSITIVE THAT THEY CAN FORCE YOU TO TAKE THE VACATION OR LOOSE IT.|||You need to check your contract (if you have one) and/or your employee handbook first. Failing that, check with an employment law attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment