Thursday, November 24, 2011

Americans, how many weeks paid vacation and bank holidays do you get in your job?

Tell me what your job is, thanks.|||15 holidays, 8 weeks paid vacation, 10 "personal" days!





Office manager!





I can "roll over" 8 weeks vacation, so if I don't use any vacation this year, I have to take 8 weeks next year! If, however, I use 2 weeks this year I can roll over the other 6, but then I must use 6 next year or else lose it. And, yes, there are many years where I don't use all my vacation.





My company does allow us to turn in unused sick time for pay, so every 18 months I can turn in 20 days of sick time and receive 10 days pay, it's better than just having those unused days. It's a nice "bonus" every year and a half!|||%26lt;~ lab technician





I get 2 weeks paid vacation a year, with an additional week for every 5 years worked. Any unused vacations accumulate for later use. As for bank holidays, I get 12 with one additional floating holiday that has to be used sometime during the year.





New Year's Day


Martin Luther King Day


Presidents' Day


Lincoln's Birthday (Floating Holiday)


Caesar Chavez Day


Memorial Day


Independence Day


Labor Day


Columbus Day


Veteran's Day


Thanksgiving Day


Day after Thanksgiving (Yay!)


Christmas Day|||I get a total of 28 paid days off (vacation + national holidays, there is no real distinction at my company), though I can carry over up to 3 unused days, so this year I have 31. BTW we don't call them "bank holidays" in America. I work at a market research firm.|||I'm a plumber, I receive 10 vacation days along with the following holidays paid every year





New Years Day


Memorial Day


4th Of July


Labor Day


Thanksgiving


Christmas





Yom Kippur is covered if you are Jewish

No comments:

Post a Comment