Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Will I get paid for my unused vacation days if I change employment?

Is there any legal requirement for my employor to pay me for unused vacation time? If so, would the reimbursement be at the same rate as my salary? I'm in Pennsylvania if that matters.





Thanks!|||It looks like the answer is yes, your employer must pay you for accrued vacation time that is due to you per the terms of your employer's vacation policy. The link below is to the relevant Pennsylvania statute, which provides that all "wages", which are defined to include guaranteed vacation time, must be paid at the time of separation from your employer. Note that this does not appear to include sick time.





However, to be sure, you should call the state Department of Labor %26amp; Industry. (I am not familiar with Pennsylvania law, so there could be some quirk that isn't apparent from the statute itself). Go to the website (www.dli.state.pa.us), and there's contact information for service centers where you can speak to a representative who can give you more information.|||depends on their written policy|||they do not have to pay you. they gave you days to use, and you chose not to use them. however, some places, like the gov't, will sell you back you days of leave if you did not use them all, up to a certain amount though. i dont know how most companies work with selling your days back, but usually no you do not get reimbursed for the days you opted not to take. your loss.|||Check out your employee handbook..


Some have a stipulation written that they do not owe you for unused vacation time if you leave..|||I got mine from Target in WA.|||they aren't legally required but it's considered good taste since you don't have to give 2 weeks notice by law either.|||it all depends upon what the company rules and regulations state|||don't know about Pennsylvania but every job that I've had and being a military wife i've had a few all over the U.S. they have all paid me for my unused vacation at the amount that i made when i left for our next move.

No comments:

Post a Comment