Friday, December 2, 2011

Banckrupt company in New Jersey owes me in California vacation pay. Do I have any rights to being paid?

I worked in California for a company that was headquartered in New Jersey. They declared bankruptcy but they still owe me for 5 weeks of vacation. From my understanding, California treats vacation just like salary. Am I entitled to any of the finances that the company might still have, and if so, would I be placed at the top of the list for receipt?|||Yes the company must pay employees first. Make sure you file a claim|||Hi;





Depending on your home state laws, probably not. Generally speaking, if you did not file a claim prior to the company announcing the bankruptcy, you are out of luck. Most states only recognize claims filed prior to the bankruptcy, and any nonstated debt is forgiven upon declarations of bankruptcy.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment