Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Should I take my 2 week paid vacation, and then quit my job?

I'm sick of my job. I never take a day off, I work a lot more than everyone else here, and my boss doesn't appreciate it. Last year, I didn't use my vacation days at all, so the girl from human resources wrote me an e-mail remindng me I have my 2 week vacaction. I want to quit my job, should I take the 2 week vacation, and then come back and tell them I quit?|||Sure, especially if you feel like you are underappreciated. YOU DESERVE IT! Take that time and if it makes you feel better, commit to one of your vacation days to sending out your resume. I would say you were a fool if you didn't take that vacation before quitting...|||I would, you earned that time why lose out.|||most places have to pay you your 2weeks vaca. do it if you can land another job while on vaca. just don't tell your new place your plans.|||No, quit your job and let them pay you for the 2 week vacation. Just be sure you have another job before you quit this one. :)|||I would take the 2 weeks vacation! Maybe if you had gone on that vacation you might feel different about your current job. In anycase do take that vacation 'cos by the time you are back you might not want to resign at all and even if you do resign the vacation would have been a great referesher and would give you renewed energy to start your new job with.|||You have three weeks coming to you - 2 weeks from last year and 1 week so far this year (maybe 6 days, depending on how they count it).





Take all 3 weeks at once and quit by phone in the first week of your vacation. And send a letter of resignation by registered mail with return receipt to your home address.|||Take your vacation and look for another job. If you quit you most probably will not get paid for your vacation time. But this is determined by your company policy, do you still have your employee handbook around?|||Not just yet, go out and find another job first, take the two weeks paid vacaction, and then give notice.|||If they wont pay you your time when you quit,


oh yes .|||no


you should quit now and not take your vacation


duuuuuuhhhh|||DO IT!|||you may want to take some of your vacation and then quit or all of it, wait a while and then quit. Although you hate your job and won't be looking back, it's important that you not burn your bridges behind you. Remember that you may need references later, and it won't look good if you take all your vacation, come back and quit.|||Make good use of your vacation. Take it and spend it looking for another job. It would not be too smart to quit if you don't already have something else.|||Hi, I work in HR and from a common sense stand point I would never use my vacation up and then quit. First off most companies pay you for leave that is not used when you leave. So if you use it all you will not get anything. Second not that I am suggesting this but if you really want to get back at them you should try and get fired that way you can get unemployment you get no unemployment if you quite. Just a thought|||Well, that depends on if you have another job you can start once you quit. If you hate your job that much and you have another job, then yes i would definitely say quit after your two week paid vacation.|||I would not do something like that.. I am pretty sure if you have 2 weeks coming to you for vacation pay... ( depending on where u live) it will be implimented in your last weeks check... If not.. No, I would not do that to a company, they could come after you for reimbusment|||Yes, because then on that 2 week vacation you can do interviews and find another job before you quit. Good luck!|||Put in your two weeks notice, take the vacation and finish it off with a bang. Make sure your employer knows why you are quitting. Make them realize what they are losing. They may even try to keep you.|||no its not sneaky . they have right to fire you so you are free to go . Don't spent your vacation . Go have some rest and take your money say goodbye to them :) I wish it will be relaxing for you


Good luck|||They will make you pay it back, You better read the company's by-laws first|||stick it to them. you earned it, now use it. just make sure you got somethnig else lined up afterwards.|||It's not a good idea to quit your job unless you have another job lined up. You will be seen as less employable.





Instead of wrapping yourself in your martyr cloak, write down a list of the things that most bother you about your job and try to figure out strategies for improving them. Part of the problem, as you said, is you never take vacation days. You need those to recharge %26amp; prevent burnout.





Is your boss really as unreasonable as you seem to think? Unless you have sat down with him/her and talked through your issues, you haven't given them an opportunity to see things from your point of view.





If all else fails, start looking for a new job. You should get paid for unused vacation if you then leave.|||Put in a three weeks' notice, take your two weeks' paid vacation, work one more week and then get out. That way your reference won't be ruined.





This is all assuming you already have a new job lined up.|||this is a good question. Depending on your company's policy--which you really should check out, you'll know the best answer.





For instance some companies will not pay you for unpaid vacation time after you quit, Other companies will not pay you for your vacation time if you quit before working "X" amount of full shifts after you come back from vacation and ect.





the best thing is to look out for yourself.





If you are giving too much and not getting enough in return stop. I was very uhappy for the longest time until one day I realized I was causing my own misery. So I stopped coming in extra early, I stopped staying late, I stopped doing favors for those who wouldn't do the same for me.


Ofcourse I learned that I needed to smile more, I also learned that is important to stay ahead of the pack but not at the expense of my energy, drive, and enthusiasm. Work smarter not harder.





good luck!|||That's what I would do. You earned it! Take it, enjoy it, and then go back and say you are done.|||I certainly wouldn't advise you to quit unless you have another job to go to. By all means have your 2 weeks vacation and enjoy yourself and relax. They say a change is as good as a rest.





Maybe if you still feel you want to quit you could use your 2 weeks to find another job. You may even change your mind about your work and realise that it was just a rest you needed.


Why don't you have a chat with your boss and tell them how you feel. They may not be aware that you feel so hard done by, and by the sounds of it you are a loyal member of the team so you have every right to ask for recognition.


Tell them you want to quit and they may bend over backwards and offer you more benefits to stay.


Don't be too hasty in your desicion.





Good luck|||hell yes. Y wouldnt you??|||Yes. You earned the vacation. Take or or take the money if you can cash it out.|||that's sneaky.. remind me never to employ you.|||Do it! Have fun and good luck!|||YES! Because in most states they don't have to give it to you after you quit. Better use it before you lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment