Friday, December 2, 2011

I work for a small company and get paid every week. I get paid vacation which means what?!?

Do I get my paycheck for the week that I'm off the last day that I work before I take off along with my regular check for the week that I just worked?!? Oh-in case this makes any difference,this is in Florida.|||It means you get time to spend, away from work, and you'll still be paid as though you were at work. But you have to declare this as 'vacation'.





This is slightly different than 'paid holiday', like the 4th of July or Memorial Day. These are holidays that you get off of work, and should get paid for them as though you were at work. Ask to see which days are called 'paid holidays'.





Don't abuse this though. You only get a set number of days a year, and if you use them all up before you've actually 'earned' them, you'll have to pay them back if you quit suddenly.|||A paid vacation means you get paid your regular salary for the week or 2 weeks that you are off just like you were there working.....you do not get additional money for going on vacation. Some places don't pay their people if they aren't at work.....your company pays you your regular salary for your time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment