Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I get paid for vacation time that I have used only once a year.....?

I have two weeks of vacation time and when I use vacation days they do not include the pay on my check. I only get paid for that time once a year, so if I take 3 days of vacation in June, I don't get paid for that time until April. In other words my check will be short 3 days for that week. I am wondering if this is legal. Should they be paying me interest on that money that they are holding for almost a year?|||in the US as long as they have a policy and they follow it then that is legal.


the law does not mandate that any time off of any kind be paid so any time off that is paid may be done so according to the companies plan that is in place.





with the plan you mention here it seems that they do not pay for "time off" but rather pay what is called vacation pay and it is just extra pay that is usually paid out at the end of the companies fiscal year. this company probably ends there fiscal year in April.|||unless you have a contract that spells out how you are to be paid for vacation, they don't have to pay you anything for not working. you are lucky to get anything at all|||Be glad you get vacation time. In this day of employers treating employees worse and worse, be grateful. Many employees don't get any paid time off.|||That's an unusual way to do it, but it's legal. They are actually not required to pay you at all for vacation time.

No comments:

Post a Comment