Friday, December 2, 2011

Am I entitled to be paid out on vacation days?

I work in CT and I recently quit my job and gave two weeks notice. I have three weeks of vacation that I have not used. It doesn't say anything in the company handbook about this, but am I entitled to be paid out on these days or at least part of them? Technically I could have used them and THEN given my notice, but I felt that was not right.|||Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if the company handbook or your employment contract do not speak to this issue, your employer has the final say as to whether you get paid for your vacation days or not (and in most cases, the answer is "not.")|||Sorry, unless your policy says otherwise you are not entitled to be paid for them. You should have asked if you could give your notice and then take the last two weeks as vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment