Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Do I get an extra day off if a paid holiday falls on my vacation week?

Hi! I am a Union worker in a Supermarket. I'm automatically off every 4th of July. I also took my vacation the same week. Am I entitled to an extra day off due to the fact that Friday was an automatic paid holiday?|||No extra day off...just the extra day of pay.|||Yes. When you rholidays for that week where put through, you should have only used up 4 days instead of 5. The fri would not count.





I would make sure with your emloyer though. Just say to them that you took holidays for that week and make it clear that you know you only needed 4 days holidays to be used as the 5th day was a publ;ic holiday and you would have been off anyway.|||Here in the UK if a paid holiday falls on a week when we take leave we just state 1 less day taken off our leave entitlement.|||I would have to say no, unless it say different in your contract|||No. its ur own fault you took it during that week.|||Yes you should. =]|||No|||haha no.. u are obviously new to work life

No comments:

Post a Comment