Friday, December 2, 2011

Am I entitled to vacation to be paid out when I quit?

Yesterday I offered two weeks notice at my job but was told they don't pay out vacation, nor do they accept two week notices. I know employers are not required to pay out vacation but our employee handbook states the following:





"If you are discharged or quit without giving 2 weeks notice, you forfeit any vacation pay or any other benefits which you would have otherwise been entitled."





To me that implied I was going to get paid for unused vacation. Do I have any options?





(I live in WI if that matters)|||If they treat other former employees like you = resigned, didn't accept notice period BUT paid the accrued vacation, then you are most likely allowed to the time also.





But if they don't normally pay vacation to anyone who resigns, then they wouldn't have to for you either.|||you should have scheduled and gone on vacation first, then contacted them you were quitting on your last day of vacation and just not returned





as for notice - even if they ask for 2 weeks notice, they could just say leave today and they don;t have to pay you for after today

No comments:

Post a Comment