Friday, December 2, 2011

Does a salaried person in Ontario get paid vacation pay for days he didn't take?

I work in Ontario and have three weeks paid vacation time. I only took two weeks vacation last year. Should the company be paying me vacation pay for the week I didn't take as a vacation? I worked instead.


Thanks|||The standard for holidays in Canada is 2 weeks. If you negotiated 3 weeks, then you should check to see what the company handbook or your employee agreement says. Sometimes you can bring the unused days forward to the next year, sometimes you just lose them.|||California state law says that you get the "time" as money if you didn't take it as time, with limitations (employer can insist that you take the vacation time by a certain date or lose it.) But when you leave the job, you get all that you've earned to that point.


Oh, did you mean Ontario, Canada?

No comments:

Post a Comment