Friday, December 2, 2011

If someone walks out of a job do they still get their paid vacation that they have earned?

My boss is the "WORSE" I've ever seen (I've been here for only 6 months and 5 people have quit and 2 of those walked out without another job). My friend walked out after having a huge confrontation with my boss, bc someone overheard my boss talking junk about him to another coworker. So does he still get his paid time off? Or is there a certain amount of time that you're suppose to give?|||should....|||if your friend quit his job, he loses any vacation time he accrued up to that point. to use vacation days, he needs to be employed by that employer still|||He should get any time he earned. BUT this really depends on how the contract reads.|||I was let go from Verizon after 7 months and to my surprise I received my vacation pay. I don't think most company's do that.|||Whether or not earned vacation time is paid at the time of termination of employment (voluntary or otherwise) varies from company to company. The best source for finding an accurate answer to your question would be to read your company's HR policy relative to earned vacation time and voluntary termination.|||Yes they have to pay. I quited a job and they paid my unused vacation time, also the sick days I never used.





BUT depending on your jurisdiction thing might be different so call the labor bureau.|||Quit the job and lose all benefits of employment including the vacation time.

No comments:

Post a Comment