Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What do you think of a company that doesn't give employees any paid holidays or vacation days or benefits?

I am an Executive Assistant for a CEO and alls I get is $13 per hour, unpaid lunch and no vacation or holidays, no 401k or health benefits.


I am blessed to have a job, but at 40+ years old how does this guy think I will want to stay with the company? Would you?|||no that sucks. i would keep that job for now but definitely be looking for something else. i think employees should be rewarded for their hard work. find a large company or work for the government- they have great benefits and many paid days off. sounds like you work for slave drivers|||well its a job. They really are a dime a dozen. You can always find a crappy job. If you are in a position to look for another job or pursue a career, you should. Basically to me that says the company doesn't care about the employees. It also says everyone should just be happy to have a job. Remember the workforce supports the management. Without you the company doesn't exist. I wouldn't recommend saying that to the boss unless you have another job lined up. Or you could go ask if the could provide benefits. If you ask give a reason why ( you can't afford insurance on your own or you would like to start saving so you can retire. stuff like that). The worst thing they can say is no, but you will never know unless you ask, that's what I would do.|||that really stinks, but right now you are lucky to have a job at all. Start looking and once you have another job lined up, ask for it if they refuse turn in your notice. Stick with larger companies they have the benefits you need. Just be cautious with them too right now large companies are doing major layoffs and first in is first out. Good Luck!|||you have a choice.. but before you quit, keep in mind that times have changed and some employers have added benefits at own will. - I know i'm thinking twice into my actual necessities in case my employer decides to drop some of these perks to save some bucks... let's be prepared, not to mention the possibility of long term unemployment.|||I would say it sounds like where my brother works. They don't even get 30 mins for lunch, instead they get a 15 min break. I thought that was illegal until I read the labor laws and it says if you are scheduled to work OVER 8 hours they must give you a lunch period.|||thats terrible, u should leave

No comments:

Post a Comment